Why A Country Garden Wedding Will Never Go Out Of Style
Posted by Charlotte in:
Did you know that a country garden wedding is actually a really good way of making your budget go further on your wedding day?
How A Country Garden Wedding Can Save You Money
Firstly, this style of wedding is essentially rustic, so you’re not looking at hiring an expensive, lush venue. You could hold your wedding in:
- A pretty garden (with a marquee as a weather back-up)
- A rural village hall you’ve prettied up yourself
- A barn – with hay bales to sit on around the dancefloor!
- Rather than having a sit down dinner, you could have a hog roast
- You could just hold your wedding in the afternoon and serve sandwiches, afternoon tea and cakes. With champagne or Prosecco or even homemade wine for the toasts!
- If you don’t want to have a formal wedding cake, then have a sweetie table with a selection of informal cakes – brownies, cupcakes, sponges. If you’ve got some baking friends, ask them to make something for you as a wedding present.
- Flowers should be simply arranged. You could put jam jars with cottage garden favourites on the tables and arrange them yourself. Just tie a ribbon around the neck to add a special touch.
- Make some floral alphabet letters to decorate gates and the chairs of the bride and groom
- Have a look at our Country Wedding Pinterest board for some inspiration
- Floral bunting is a classic country-style way to decorate your wedding venue.