Last Friday, I visited The National Wedding Show in London on the look-out for new ideas for all you brides.
Masses of stalls caught my eye – and I particularly liked the concept of weddings on a yacht – a destination wedding with a twist really. So here’s a round-up of my top faves for you to investigate.
1. I loved the idea of marrying at sea offered by Exclusive Yacht Weddings. You can get hitched on board in a religious or civil ceremony, in the warm Cyprus sunshine. Choose from a stylish 35m cruiser or an old-style galleon with full sails. Your guests watch the ceremony on board and then enjoy a wedding breakfast during a memorable cruise. What’s not to like? If you fancy marrying abroad – with a difference – then this is an option you need to check out.
2. If you’re planning a DIY style wedding or having a summer reception in a garden setting, then you really should investigate Candy Camper. A chirpy yellow old-style VW camper van that doubles as a retro-style sweetie shop, offering your guests all sorts of candy treats. Nice alternative to a sweetie table I thought.
3. Looking at photographs of wedding cakes is so inspiring and the beautiful cakes on offer at Chocolate Lilly were no exception. Particularly like their cake pops and wedding cupcake styles. (In fact, this cake pop used as a wedding favour is perfect – wouldn’t it look great with a place setting?)
5. Love vintage? You should investigate Zoe Lem. She scours auctions for classic pieces by designers such as Hardy Amies but also reinvents vintage, by recreating popular 1930′s style numbers like this dreamy wedding dress here. You get a vintage-style piece, but created to fit you perfectly.
6. Anges de Sucre. I’ve got a bit of a thing about macarons – the colours are so inviting and these little almond treats always look so pretty piled up on plates at weddings. Make great wedding favours as well as an alternative to a wedding cake.
So – great afternoon at the National Wedding Show. What’s your top ‘must-see’ when you’re at wedding shows? Do tell us.